Saturday 11 June 2016

LIFE: Prints, Books and lots of TV

So, it's Saturday again and it's that time of the week where I roll off the things I've been loving in the last seven days.
Peaky Blinders, myself and Scott have been watching Peaky Blinders from season 1 over the last couple of weeks. My mum has watched it since it first aired and always mentioned how good it was but I'm not really into my period dramas if I'm honest. But Scott wanted to watch it and we both became a little obsessed. We've just finished season 2 and are waiting for the latest season to be released so we can buy it and stay in our room watching it all weekend. Basically, the program is set in Birmingham after the war and follows the Peaky Blinders, a criminal gang, lead by Tom Shelby (Cillian Murphy). There's a lot of violence a little bit of local politics and romance in the program, it's definitely not for the faint hearted though, if you're not good with blood, you may want to give this one a miss.

I've also been loving Zoella's 'Girl Online' & 'Girl On Tour' books. I'd been meaning to read them ages ago but never seemed to get around to it but finally started reading Girl Online about two weeks ago and couldn't put the books down. I constantly wanted to know what was going to happen to Penny Porter (the protagonist). The book is about Penny Porter trying to deal with her anxiety and challenge it. She also has an anonymous blog which she is constantly updating, I really liked this element as you were able to read her blog posts and got to know more about how she was feeling. Both books tell the story of Penny's and Noah's relationship. It also shows how in your later teen years how you start growing up and growing apart from old friends. I would definitely give this a read. It's quite light-hearted but wonderful and I can't wait for the next part.

I made Scott buy me this print whilst we were away in Blackpool from Primark. I absolutely love it. I love the 'Wild and Free' quote and I love the skeleton of it. The colours really go with my room but also helps to brighten up the wall of prints that I've got it on too. Most of them are just black and white so this really helps to make it look brighter. It was also such a bargain at £3. Primark is really good for little homeware pieces, in my opinion, I just wish my local Primark stocked more of the homeware.

Finally, myself and Scott finally got around to watching 'Dirty Grandpa' the other night and I loved it. I can be a bit funny with Zac Efron films, whilst I like him and his acting I haven't always liked all his films. The film also has Robert de Niro in and together they are brilliant. It's hilarious and heart warming and Robert Mulroney plays Zac Efron's dad in it (weirdly I have a massive crush on him). The film is about Zac Efron's character taking Robert de Niro home, and along the way they get themselves into a bit of trouble. Definitely worth watching.

What have you been loving this week?




No comments:

Post a Comment