Wednesday 15 June 2016

GYM: Getting Back in the Gym

So for two weeks I didn't go to the gym a single day. I realise how bad that is, especially when I finally got back in the gym I was knackered after about ten minutes. With Scott being away in Birmingham for a few days I didn't go and then when he was back I was so busy trying to have content to upload when I was away that I simply forgot to go and then I had my birthday. There was that much going off around my birthday, that again, I ended up missing another week.

Last week, we decided we needed to get back in the gym. We were both feeling a little on the stuffed side from probably eating too much whilst we were away and to be honest I did kind of miss it (I know, I must be crazy for missing the gym). Anyway, coming back to the gym hasn't been easy. Whilst I had hoped I'd be able to pick off right where I had left that wasn't the case. Any signs of my abs felt like they had disappeared so trying to do sit ups, crunches and leg raises left me feeling completely drained. Cardio left me feeling sick and I felt a little depressed when I couldn't lift weights on the same setting as what I had previously.

Despite this little downfall of getting out of going to the gym and feeling my confidence knocked a little bit by having to take it a little easier, I also feel incredibly motivated. I know that I can have abs and lift heavier weights so I feel motivated to get back and exceed what I was at. Whilst my cardio  and general fitness has never been perfect I also feel motivated to make sure that I do become fitter, especially as I've been given the all clear from my doctor that my heart is working properly (long story) and I am safe to do more exercise - though I will still take it easy anyway.

What do you do to get/keep you motivated for the gym?



No comments:

Post a Comment