Monday 27 June 2016

MUSIC: REL - Factory

I was recently introduced by LA based singer REL and her latest single 'Factory' which I think sounds like a summer anthem, especially for clubs and parties. I had never heard of the artist before but was surprised by how she managed to capture my attention and keep my interest. With a genre of music I don't usually listen to, it definitely stood out to me as having the potential to be a massive success.

There's a unique sound to the track that I think works incredibly well, it sounds like there's a party going off which I can imagine it being played in clubs an awful lot. It's a song that definitely gets you up on your feet and moving. REL's music radiates passion and emotion embodying what she calls 'evoca-pop' - music which makes you think and feel.

The song itself is about a young feminist in the 21st century, throughout the chorus she's constantly asking questions such as 'what's your thing? What you do? What's your brand? Who are you?' it's almost like she's talking directly to her audience. However my favourite lyric and the one that got me thinking the most is the very opening lines of, 'the choice is yours if you know its yours, you wear pink to be that girl, was that your choice or the world's?' I just think these are amazing lyrics that are very thought provoking.

REL has an amazing style to her music, it's very pop/alternative/R&B, like I've said very much a club song, I like the mix of the genres. I also like how she almost raps the song but she also has a very sultry beautiful voice. I really loved the track and I can't wait to hear more from the artist.

Check out REL's 'Factory' below:


What have you guys been listening to lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment