Saturday 4 June 2016

LIFE: Exploring Blackpool

I feel like growing up, most people have a place that they always go to on holiday, even if its just for a weekend. For me, Blackpool always felt like my second home. We went every summer and sometimes in October for the illuminations. This year it's been my second time in the seaside town but stopping for two nights meant that I could show Scott around Blackpool a little more than I had the first time.
On the first day we just did a little shopping and picked up a few bits that we thought we'd need for the couple of days (basically Scott forgot half his toiletries). We then popped into town and got a little bit of dinner at Coral Island, I always used to come here for fish and chips growing up and I honestly think they may do the best I've ever tasted. Because the weather was so lovely and looked like it was going to stay that way, Scott picked up a hat to try and avoid getting sunburnt and I picked up a Khaki maxi skirt and some sandals. Despite it being warm, it was still a little windy so I wanted a maxi skirt to avoid any Marilyn Monroe incidents. After going around the arcades for a little while and wandering down central pier, a couple of teddies later we headed back to our hotel around 10pm. Both shattered from the travelling.

I love how they have the names of everyone who's ever performed at the Tower on tiles outside with their famous catchphrases/sayings. 

The second day and our final day in Blackpool before going to Trafford Centre the next day, we decided to stay in Blackpool and explore. We walked on the beach from the hotel we were staying in (The Bromley - I would reccomend, incredibly friendly owners and nice rooms/food) all the way up to the Pleasure Beach and South Pier just because it was a nice morning and we couldn't decide if the weather was going to be nice or not. As it stayed clear, we then made a walk to Blackpool Zoo. Scott hadn't been to a zoo in years so it was nice to see him getting a little snap happy with the camera at all the animals. It had changed a little since I had last been too and the baby lemurs were gorgeous. Plus, they now have wolves which I love.





On the walk home, I took Scott through Stanley Park, and if you read yesterdays post you'll know how much I love the place. It's so beautiful and relaxing. I've wanted to show him the place for such a long time because it's where I'm the happiest.

After showering and having a little rest at the hotel we went back out for dinner at The Albert and The Lion the poshest Weatherspoons I've gone in before going around the arcades again. I also managed to beat Scott at air hockey five games in a row, before he decided that he'd had enough of losing (sorry, but I had to). Walking home and taking selfies together (and some smashed rock later) we found ourselves sat on the stairs on the beach with the sea in and calm. Another photoshoot later (check out Monday's post) we decided it was time to call it an evening. All images were taken by Scott Ingham who's so much better using my Nikon camera than me, for now, I'll stick to my iPhone.




No comments:

Post a Comment