Tuesday 10 May 2016

FASHION: A Weekend In Birmingham

At the weekend, myself and Scott went to a ball for his work and it's quite possibly the biggest thing I've been too. I found the entire process leading up to the event really stressful and it definitely tested my anxiety. Firstly, it's a ball and I was told that it wasn't the kind of occasion where you wear a long dress so opted for something in between where it was longer on one leg than the other. Whilst many did wear long dresses other wore shorter ones too. I initially felt a little out of place but in reality I felt really comfortable and confident in what I was wearing that I didn't actually care in the end.
Dress - River Island (similar) / Shoes - New Look (similar) / Bag - Whistles 
Before we left to go to Birmingham (about an hours drive for us) I was so anxious and there was a moment when I wasn't sure on whether or not to go. But I decided that I didn't want to miss out on this opportunity and ruin the day for myself and the event for Scott. So I swallowed the nerves down and got in the car and got myself ready.

The event was really lovely. The people were nice, and the entertainment was brilliant. I also felt myself relax a lot throughout the evening and the nerves and anxiety quickly went and I was soon back to my normal self.

We stayed at The Hyatt in Birmingham and it's the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. I asked Scott several times if we were in the right place. It was also lovely because it was connected to the ICC where the event was so we only had to cross a closed bridge when everyone else got wet through walking over from different hotels. The breakfast was amazing and there was a wide selection to choose from and the staff were really friendly. I was gutted when we had to leave Sunday morning. However, we did go shopping and I may have treated myself to a 21st birthday present, you'll see it on Friday.

Anyway, whilst you can see what I wore, I also wanted to write this post just to remind you that anxiety is a daily battle and it's not something that you can ever be cured with. But you just need to keep pushing yourself. Whilst this was a big deal for me in terms of anxiety (because I had to travel, stayed in a hotel without my parents, met lots of people I didn't know, stayed in a place I didn't know) I managed to get through the day without it ruining my plans. Even the little victories are still victories.




No comments:

Post a Comment