Monday 9 May 2016

MUSIC: Busted - Coming Home

I've been a fan of Busted since I was about 7/8 and when I heard that they were reuniting again I was overjoyed. The thing is you never know how it's going to go, some people have a comeback and they're amazing and others leave you a little disappointed. The other day Busted released the lyric video to their first single of the band back together and I'm a fan of it.

Though it's not very typical Busted in sound, it's really up my street in sound. The song is called Coming Home and basically tells the story how they've all gone their separate ways but now it's time to come back to where they started, essentially coming home. Lyrics such as 'I miss my family' shows how much this reunion must mean to the band.

The track is a lot more mellow than what we're used to from Busted, the slick and tongue in cheek lyrics have gone and they've provided a more serious and sincere track. Though its still got an electronic sound to them, typical of their older material. It reminds me a lot more of what Charlie Simpson did as a solo artist but with a little more life behind it. The song is optimistic about the future and I can't wait to hear what's next for the band. I wish I had tickets to their tour but I'll stick to listening to Coming Home on repeat.

Check out the Lyric Video of Busted's Coming Home below:




No comments:

Post a Comment