Tuesday 24 May 2016

LIFE: Why I've Been Missing

In April, I managed to blog pretty much everyday from when I started daily blogging but May has been a little bit of a fail for me. I can't blame anyone but myself and I have definitely needed to schedule a bit more time for myself. I write this blog when I have some free time, so on my days off or if I finish work a little earlier and I really enjoy it. It's my hobby and one I really enjoy. But this month I've found that I've barely had any free time, there's always seemed to be something coming up and not that I'm complaining because I've really enjoyed it, I've just found it difficult to keep up with my daily blogging, however, I'm hoping to get back to that now. With Scott away for a couple of days I'm hoping to get a lot of blogging done so that I'll have a couple of weeks waiting and ready for me to click publish.
This month I have learnt how much friendships mean and how important they are. I think I mentioned it at the beginning of the month but this month I've hung out with people I've never met before at Scott's work event and then last week I hung out with my brothers friend Stu who I've never really hung out with before and I noticed how more relaxed I've become around meeting new people and making new friends. Awhile back I wouldn't have dreamed of meeting new people and would've felt the anxiety for weeks but lately I've been enjoying meeting new people and having conversations with different people - not many more new people, but a handful is still enough.

Friendships are hard. You're always going to have fall outs and disagreements. But the most important thing you need is to be able to trust them. I've had plenty of friends in the past but I've only been able to trust a small handful. There have been people throughout my life that I've said things too thinking they'll keep it to themselves for it to only later be passed on and trust me guys can be worse than girls. Unfortunately, it isn't something that stops as you get older.

I'm lucky enough to have realised who my friends are over the last couple of years and we're planning on doing a lot more together. You can get down a lot, especially as you get older, about friendships and not having many friends but in all honesty it's not about how many friends you have but how much you care about those people and they care about you. I'm looking forward to spending my birthday with some of my closest friends this weekend and the following week with some school mates. This has been a little improtu but as always I like to keep my Tuesdays to ramblings.




No comments:

Post a Comment