Tuesday 31 May 2016

BEAUTY: NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

Everyone is talking about NYX Cosmetics at the moment, ever since Boots started stocking the brand. Yesterday, I had a couple of bits I needed to pick up before I went away and decided to have a little mooch around the counter. I behaved myself since I know I'm going to do so much shopping in Trafford Center later this week and just picked up two of their Soft Matte Lip Creams.
The Soft Matte Lip Creams are basically a liquid lipstick. They apply with a lipgloss applicator but are incredibly pigmented. They apply quite glossy and sticky before drying down on the lips into a matte finish. I have a love hate relationship with liquid lipsticks. I find that they are either too sticky and don't dry out enough and end up getting all over your teeth or they don't apply as much colour as I like. These, however, are the perfect formula. They apply sticky to begin with which makes it really easy to apply but then they dry out and stay on your lips for an incredibly long time.

Despite the matte formula, I don't find the product drying on the lips either. They feel really creamy and they don't peel like a lot of lipgloss. They also don't hug the dry patches on your lips too which I like. There are so many colours to pick from I ended up with Cannes and Istanbul but I was eyeing up Sao Paulo too. I love both the colours I picked up. Cannes looks a bit more brown/pink in the tube but applied on me as very deep colour. Whereas Istanbul is definitely more of a baby pink shade, perfect for spring/summer. I would definitely check out the NYX counter if you have one near you. It's really affordable for some great quality products.


No comments:

Post a Comment