Monday 23 May 2016

MUSIC: The Summer Set

Last Wednesday I went to see The Summer Set at Nottingham Rescue Rooms and it has been one of my favourite gigs I've been too. Though it was only a small turnout, the crowd were still incredibly supportive and the atmosphere was just like a party in there with tracks like 'Figure Me Out' and 'All My Friends'.



I first started listening to The Summer Set (an American pop/punk band) in about 2010 when my brother introduced me to them, and I loved their 'Legendary' album when it was released in 2013 but they've released a new album, 'Stories For Monday' and it's definitely my favourite. With catchy lyrics and a feel good sound this album had me dancing from the first listen. It's definitely the perfect summer album.

As for the gig, the band were incredible. Performing a nice mix of their new songs and old, Brian Dales is such a great frontman, not only with great vocals, but getting the crowd moving and the interaction was perfect. Highlights for me, were 'Boomerang', 'The Night Is Young', 'Chelsea' and 'Missin' You'. It was a night full of singing, dancing and smiles. I don't think I've ever smiled so much. I liked how they interacted with their fans but there were no gimmicks, it was just a bunch of friends on stage performing and you could see how much they love doing it. I liked the naturalness of the gig too, there wasn't any forced choreography or hitting marks etc, but they were just moving around the stage and performing without a care, which I think made it so enjoyable. You could see that they were enjoying themselves which made the crowd have a good time too. I would recommend seeing them again, it was my first time watching them live, but my brother and his friend have seen them 4 times now and say they're always amazing. I can't wait to watch them perform again.

If you're a fan of The Cab and All Time Low you'll probably like these. Check out the music video for The Summer Set's music video for 'Missin' You' below:


No comments:

Post a Comment