Friday 29 April 2016

FASHION: H&M and Whistles Bags

Last Saturday, myself and Scott decided to take a trip to Meadowhall in the search of an outfit for an event we've got coming up for Scott's work. I was in panic mode desperately trying to find a dress and not stick out like a sore thumb, and my nerves were going through the ceiling. However, now that I've got my outfit sorted I'm feeling a little calmer. Whilst I didn't pick up my dress on the day I did decide - mostly because the one I wanted was damaged in store - I did pick up a two other items that have me swooning.


Both items were inspired (copied a little) by Vivianna Does Makeup as I'd been watching her style video from Coachella before I went and fell in love with the H&M skirt she was wearing. I genuinely thought it was going to be some designer brand or from Topshop at the very least but it was actually only £24.99 from H&M. I tried it on and it fits me perfectly, I got my usually size 8. It's slightly high waisted and would look gorgeous with a loose t-shirt or cami tucked into it. I love the detail of the beading and the colours so it's perfect for summer. I love the green and gold shades in the skirt too, they're not something that I usually go for but think it looks really beautiful and summery. The skirt itself feels almost like a denim so I'm not conscious of it being see through or riding up at all. And with a tan (fake tan for me obviously) it looks amazing. I thought it was such a bargain at this price and know I will get so much wear out of it as soon as it brightens up.

I also picked up a Whistles clutch bag. Well, Scott bought it for me. We went  into House of Fraser and I never knew they stocked Whistles so when I saw the clutches I spent ages ogling them. I picked up a nude pink with a croc effect in the small clutch size to it as I thought it would go perfectly with some pink corts and some pink sandals that I already own and would brighten up the black dress from River Island that I'm wearing for this event. It looks really chic and stylish and I know I'm going to protect it like it's my child. I've been lusting after the Whistles clutch bags for a while now but the price tag has always put me off. Whilst I know they aren't the most expensive bags on the market they still aren't cheap, so for Scott to buy me it as a present it meant the world. I don't think I stopped saying 'thank you' all afternoon. I'm also really looking forward to going out now so I can use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment