Friday 1 April 2016

LIFE: Dealing with Stressful Days

We all have 'those' kind of days. It's not always easy to break out of those bad moods that we can get ourselves into, sometimes without reason. I'm not immune to these down days either. Especially lately, I've felt like I've had more than my fair share of them. It started for me when I got ill at Christmas, I'm so miserable when I have a cold and I could tell that I was bringing everyone else down with me. For one reason or the other I found that so far in 2016 I've felt really stressed which then makes me feel low. However, I thought I'd share with you how I get through these times.

I usually have a pamper evening or just some time to myself. I normally have a bath and wash my hair and have a little time just focusing on myself. Then, I usually get into bed with a film or a tv series and just try and relax a little bit by distracting myself. There's no point in focusing on all the negatives its much better to try and do the things that will cheer you up a little.



















Spend time with loved ones always cheers me up too. Kind of the opposite to what I've just said but talking to people I really trust and getting things off my chest really helps. Some people say that I always seem to be moaning but this is kind of my release to not let everything get me down. Also I like watching movies with my family or going out shopping with them or walks with Scott. Whether its family, your friends/boyfriend or a colleague at work don't think that you're boring them with what's on your mind, most of the time they care about your happiness too.

Water really relaxes me. Going out and getting some fresh air makes me feel a lot better, especially if it's somewhere you don't get signal. You just feel completely relaxed and away from all your problems. I like going to lakes and rivers, though I can't swim and I panic if I have to, water really relaxes me. I like watching the ducks and I just feel like all my worries are washed away kind of.

As silly as it sounds, try not to worry quite so much, usually things will sort themselves out or its things that you don't really need to be worrying about. Most of my problems I've spoken to a family member or a friend and they've helped me to see the bright side of things. I know it's not always easy, trust me I'm such a pessimist, but having that support network is always good. Just remember you're not the only person who's going through something bad, everyone goes through stressful times whether they're putting on a brave face or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment