Thursday 14 April 2016

BEAUTY: Nude by Nature Perfecting Primer

When it comes to makeup I'm the kind of person who wants my makeup to look nice but not take ages to apply in the morning when I'm in a rush. This is one of the reasons why a primer has never stayed in my everyday makeup routine. However, since receiving the Nude By Nature Perfecting Primer as a free gift along with my FeelUnique order, I thought I'd give it ago not really anticipating much, but my views on primers have changed.

Before my experiences with primers weren't very big. Previously I've used the Maybelline Baby Skin, I used this for a couple of weeks but didn't really enjoy using the product, I simply didn't want to waste it. I found the product was very heavy and felt like silicon which I didn't want to apply on my skin. It just felt like it was clogging up my pores rather than helping them. I also found that my makeup wasn't lasting any longer than it had before either. I didn't try another primer for a year or so when I tried the Revlon PhotoReady Primer. Whilst I preferred this to the Maybelline, I didn't find it did anything for my makeup, so quickly discarded that one too.

I apply a pea sized amount into my skin just using my fingers for application all over my face after I've used my moisturiser in the morning. Once I've applied the primer I don't really see much of a difference other than my skin looking a little redder. My skin feels a little bit silky and smooth though. I also like the consistency and texture of this primer.  The Nude By Nature Perfecting Primer, however, looks more like a lotion and feels really smooth when applying the product. I've found that it blends into my skin but doesn't feel like I've applied anything at all. It doesn't feel like I've got lots of product on my face at all.

Since using the Nude By Nature Perfecting Primer Scott has mentioned that my makeup always looks flawless. I guess if your boyfriend notices a difference in your skin/makeup it must be good, right? He thought that I'd been using a new 'expensive' foundation, when in reality, the primer is the only difference in my makeup routine. I've found that my makeup is lasting a lot longer throughout the day. Before it was wearing off after a couple of hours and I would either have to touch it up or leave it looking a bit of a mess. But since using this my makeup lasts all throughout the day only a tough gym session (after I've finished work and I forget to take my makeup off) whichh causes  my makeup look anything less than perfect.

I've also found that it helps to make my makeup look more glowy and healthier. Throughout February and March I was struggling with my skin looking dull and looking even worse after applying makeup, but this product has managed to bring some life back into my face. Even after using a powder my makeup still looks very glowy which I'm really enjoying. I'll definitely be purchasing the full size bottle. Though it's not the cheapest product on the market at £22.00 for 30ml I've found that my 15ml has lasted me ages already and I've been using it daily. When something has made such a visible difference in my skin I don't mind paying that little bit more. However, if you have any cheaper alternatives feel free to recommend them to me. I'll also be checking out more products from the brand.


No comments:

Post a Comment