Friday 22 April 2016

LIFE: NVQ's, Books, Psycho and Music

So it's that time of the week again where I round up what I've been loving this week. First up, Bates Motel. I started watching the program about 6 months ago and became obsessed, but the new season is out now and I am just as addicted if not more. I think Freddie Highmore who plays Norman is a brilliant actor and plays the character so well. If you're not sure what the program is about then a brief summary is, Norman Bates moves to White Pine Bay with his mum, Norma, and they open a hotel. Here they have to settle into the town whilst struggling with their own problems, it's based on the film Psycho. I was worried that I would find the program really scary, but it isn't. It's more filled with suspense, definitely check out if you're looking for a new tv show that's very gripping.

Next up, I've been reading a lot lately and started reading one of my old favourites An Autumn Crush by Milly Johnson. I can remember the first time I read it and loving it so much, so when I was looking for something to read and stumbled across this I was excited to explore the Floz and Juliet's life once again. Both of them are unlucky in love and Juliet needs a new roommate when Floz appears. It's incredibly romantic and funny and the characters are so lovable.

Music wise, I've been listening to Lauren Aquilina a lot lately. I'm especially loving her new single Kicks, it's different to what I'm used to from her which is probably why I've been loving it so much. It's a bit more pop and edgy than her usual soul ballad style. It's upbeat and just fun. Definitely a bit of a girl anthem and taking back your power. Check out the track at the end of the post.

This week my certificate finally came through for passing my NVQ in retail which I'm so happy about. It's felt like I've been waiting ages for it to come through so to finally have it made the whole completing the course and passing it feel really worthwhile and made me feel proud of myself all over again.

Finally, this week I've realised what's important to me. I've been so stressed out lately about different things that I forgot what I was stressing about. But with a Sunday off I managed to spend the day wrapped in blankets and cuddling with Scott watching Geordie Shore (I need help with this obsession, I swear). It was lovely to just relax and spend some quality time with my boyfriend and  not worry about anything. The pick 'n' mix helped a lot too.




No comments:

Post a Comment